Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm Lovin' Rosa Leon!

My brother gave the boys "Canciones Infantiles" by Rosa Leon for Reyes this year.  Let me just say that it was an instant hit at our house!  

There are 24 traditional songs, and the lyrics are included for those of us who have to "study" in order to sing along. :)

My favorite song is about a little burro who is sick and sees a doctor.  The kiddos learn different body parts and inventive ways to make them stop hurting.  You can definitely see that Spain is not as "PC" as the US when the doctor advises una jarra de cerveza to cure an earache!




I highly recommend this CD for anyone who wants to learn some new Spanish songs for kids.  It's a refreshing change after sampling so many produced here in the US that are simply translations of American songs into Spanish!

No comments: